After die cutting the dress form (SU! Dress Up Framelits Die) using black card stock I had some negative black pieces left over.
I knew I just couldn't throw them away!
So I had an ahhhhh Ha! moment.
Why not use fabric to create a pin cushion form on my card front? I used Tea for Two Fabric from the new Spring Catalog. I glued it to the backside of the card stock using tacky glue. Then, and very carefully I might add, I started to glue it to the Certainly Celery paper piece. I started at the top of the dress form and stuffed small amounts of polyester fiberfill under the fabric. I glued the back edges of the black card stock and adhered and stuffed, until I reached the bottom of the dress form. Then glued the rest of the card stock to the Certainly Celery paper.
Yep, I got glue on my fingers! And it took patience to not get the polyfil stuck where it shouldn't be. But I love the results.
I die cut some buttons using my Big Shot and SU! Buttons #5 Sizzlits Dies. One of the buttons I adhered to a straight pin and inserted it into the dress form. Of course I had to add cute little pearls to my buttons.
Background paper is from the Spring catty called Tea For Two Designer Series Paper.
I used a running stitch on the Crochet Trim and pulled the end to create a ruffle and then secured the end of the thread so it would stay put. I then adhered the crochet trim to the card front.
Don't forget Sale-A-Brations has begun. You don't want to miss out on getting FREE products when you place an order.